Monday, April 23, 2012

FEAR

I went to the Image of God conference this past Saturday with a friend.  It was awesome.  I have been to many conferences in the past but this one was a little different.

First of all, I heard speakers that I was not familiar with and one of them is a local news anchor.  I heard some serious preaching.  I felt God touching my heart.  He gave me the peace and comfort of reminding me that He is indeed with me always.  HE KNOWS MY NAME!  How cool is that??  The master and creator of the universe knows little old me by name.  He loves me and He cares about me and what goes on in my life.

Knowing these things means I have to move.  I can't stay still for too long in this place because God has bigger plans for me.

The biggest hurdle for me is getting over my F(alse) E(vidence) A(ppearing) R(eal).  That's right, it's fear.  I get scared of what isn't there.  It can paralyze me and it can stop me from doing God's will.  What do I think is going to happen?  If it is God's will, how can I fail?  He doesn't promise a perfect road with no trouble, but He does promise that He will not leave or forsake me.  He will provide all I need.

This is just one of the lessons I was reminded of, but it is a big one.  When I wake up in the middle of the night, or am in a spot that I am not feeling all that secure, I know I can go to the One who protects me and watches over me.

What will you do the next time you have fear?  Run to Him or away from Him?  I hope you choose running to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment